Organic Brand Design and the Leaf

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From thedieline.com blog links, I'm noticing a wholotta of leaf which is funny because i just read in the design trends for 2009 logos that leafs are hitting their stride.(http://www.logoorange.com/logo-design-09.php)

At Brand Engine (http://www.brandengine.com) they've used it in all three examples of organic designs. Other similar visual effects are swirling letterforms with the 'o' often moving into another letterform.

Crave (http://www.cravebrands.com) also dabbles in the leaf, but not necessarily for organics only. They have managed to escape the colour green a bit and curiously enough I'm noticing purple.... Lines in their designs are often mottled or sheared I guess implying a choice of granny's favourites or branding. harhar. ....Enjoyable positioning statements.

Sterling Brands (http://www.sterlingbrands.com) I love Debbie Millman. I just had to get that out. Their consumer/brand predictions for 09 are interesting, if not a little scary. Especially when they acknowledge the entire population is going thru a midlife crisis. http://www.sterlingbrands.com/strategy/thought.php?thought_id=43

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web